Author: Dale Cameron Lowry
Length: 233 pages/57,000 words
Publisher: Terrestrial Press
Genres: short stories, contemporary romance, paranormal romance, erotic romance
BlurbFalling Hard features nine of Dale Cameron Lowry’s best short romance stories, available for the first time in one book. Meet a sign language interpreter who finds unexpected love at middle-age, college students in their first relationships, a vampire who would rather be a vegan, and a proudly gay ex-Mormon atheist who sells Bibles for a living. From sweet to erotic, this collection exhibits the quirkiness, fun, and diversity Dale's writing is known for.
Here are just a few of the stories in Falling Hard:
- Loggerhead — Soon after they fall in love, Jake makes Eric a promise inspired by an old track uniform. But demanding work schedules at Jake’s four-star restaurant and Eric’s newspaper keep them from following through. Six years later, they take the honeymoon they never had, heading to the Florida coast in search of sea turtles—and rekindling their passion for each other in the process.
- Reading the Signs — The only thing twenty-three-year-old Theo De Jong expects when he enrolls in a summer school for linguists in New Mexico is to get more ideas for his master’s thesis in Dutch Sign Language. But then he meets the American sign language expert Alfonso Grossman, and sparks fly.
- Ghost of a Chance — When shy Jeremy Anderson meets mysterious and dapper Frank at his spooky old university library, their connection is instant. Their romance waxes with the full moon—but just as quickly, Frank’s interest seems to wane. He insists that he loves spending time with Jeremy, but then why does he keep Jeremy at arm’s length?
- Rough Love — Blake thinks new boyfriend Michael doesn't like French kissing. Michael thinks Blake doesn't like rough sex. Neither are virgins, except in the art of conversation. Can they set things straight before the honeymoon's over?
ExcerptFrom Ghost of a Chance:
The full moon was so bright we barely needed the battery-powered lantern we’d brought to light the sukkah. Frank appeared just before dinner, as I’d told him to, wearing a green polo and a light v-neck sweater with argyle diamonds on the front. He looked much sharper than the rest of us in our sweatshirts and hoodies. I swooned internally.
My friend Karen gave me a significant look from her corner of the sukkah, and then a quick smile. He’s hot, she mouthed when Frank looked away to talk to one of the others.
I know, I mouthed back.
Her silent chuckle made her thick black curls shake.
There were seven of us, including Frank, and we sat in a cozy circle around a card table topped with a barley-pumpkin casserole courtesy of the vegetarians, chicken soup, potato chips (courtesy of me, who had such a lack of cooking skills I was lucky to ever get invited to potlucks), and apple-date crisp for dessert. Frank sat close to me, our knees touching, and sometimes when he spoke he would pat my leg for emphasis. The little bit of contact made me hungry for more, and I kept scooting closer. By the end of the meal we were in almost full contact from knee to shoulder. I was giddy with it.
He was charming the socks off my friends. They were deep in some conversation involving comparisons between ancient Greek and Hebrew that I wasn’t quite following because I was too busy gazing besottedly at the side of Frank’s face. The moon gave his skin a lovely glow. He almost seemed to form a silvery halo around him. I felt pulled to him, but given that he was in the middle of a conversation, the most I could do was lean my cheek against his shoulder. So I did.
I felt him sigh under my weight, and then wrap his arm around my waist. I was content.
Where to BuyFalling Hard is currently available through the secure downloading platform PayHip, Amazon, Apple, and other sellers worldwide. You can read a preview and find sales outlets at:
GiveawayTo celebrate the release of Falling Hard, Dale is running a giveaway. The prize is one of Dale's short romances that is not in the anthology: Love Unmasked, a lighthearted romance about Aaron Loreto, a gay man who's been unlucky in love because he occasionally turns into a raccoon. For some reason, his ex-boyfriend didn't like the way he'd spend all night digging through the trash. But somewhere out there is a guy who's more understanding, and Aaron might just have found him at his favorite coffee shop.
You can enter every day to increase your chances. Enjoy!
(If you can't see the Rafflecopter giveaway here, go to www.dalecameronlowry.com/falling-hard-giveaway/ to enter.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Author Bio & LinksDale Cameron Lowry lives in the Upper Midwest with a partner and three cats, one of whom enjoys eating dish towels, quilts, and wool socks. It’s up to you to guess whether the fabric eater is one of the cats or the partner. When not busy mending items destroyed by the aforementioned fabric eater, Dale is a writer and editor who enjoys wasting time on Tumblr, listening to podcasts, studying anatomy, getting annoyed at Duolingo, and reading fairy tales. Previous careers include sign language linguist, grocery store clerk, journalist, gardener, and camp counselor.
Dale began writing for fun at the age of eight and has been making up stories ever since, from overly workshopped literary fiction to off-the-cuff fanfic. Queer Mormons have a way of popping up in Dale's work, whether it's romance or erotica, sci fi or fairy tales, slice-of-life contemporary fiction or spine-tingling horror. So do immigrants and emigrants, people with disabilities, multilingual folks, and others who live their lives navigating multiple cultures.
- Website: www.dalecameronlowry.com
- Newsletter sign-up: www.dalecameronlowry.com/news
- Facebook Author Page: www.facebook.com/dalecameronlowry
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/DaleCLowry
- Tumblr: dalecameronlowry.tumblr.com
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/dalecameronlowry
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/daleclowry
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/108076689226633177029