Saturday 14 June 2014

Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

I always get East of Eden  and West of Eden* mixed up. "Yay dinosaurs! These are not dinosaurs! This is the evil Red Pony man!" (I was [and still am] a horse nut. The Red Pony should seriously come with a warning that it is not a happy pony story [and there are few enough of those, believe me] and should not be read by people who want to read about a pony who is red. To this day, I'm not sure how much of my hatred of Steinbeck is simply my childhood betrayal. [Vultures eat the pony's eyes, man! That is some fucked up shit, especially when you're like nine!])

I also always used to get autism and dyslexia mixed up when I was younger, which led to a good deal of confusion on my part!

(When I was very young, I thought all fish were from Finland. Makes sense, no?)




*Potential TMI: West of Eden has held the title of "Most Awkward Scene to Ever Get Aroused By" for many years. I honestly hope I never find something to replace that title. I don't even want to know what it would take.

No comments:

Post a Comment