Tuesday 8 April 2014

A-Z Challenge: G is for Greece (and Germany!)

I really, really struggled to come up with a G. Because my current fandom is The Hobbit, I kept thinking "Gold", but I don't really have anything to say about it!

I was walking home from work yesterday when the topic came to me. It's amazing how well not thinking about something and a little exercise works for thinking. Anyway, this is a bit of an addendum to D is for Dollars.

I got my first job because I wanted to go to Greece. Every year, my high school sponsored a trip, and when I was in grade ten the trip was to Greece.





I've always been into Ancient Greece, and the trip sounded amazing.

My mom didn't have a lot of money, so I thought, hey, I've got a few months, I'll work and pay my own way!

So I got a job at A&W. And made like $100. And no longer believed that hard work always means success, which has served me very well. >.<

I tried everything I could think of to raise the money. (I also accidentally ripped some people off...but it really was by accident and they never asked for their money back, sooooo...)

Needless to say, I have not been to Greece.

But!

I have been to Germany. Twice.

The first time, I stayed for two months and travelled all over Germany (and only Germany. But not Bavaria because my stepmom and her family think Bavaria is tacky or something). I went to a bunch of different camps, went to school for a few weeks, and generally had a grand old time.

The second time I went for a month with my stepmom and stepsister, without my mom. My sister and I were briefly chased by a man who had filed all of his teeth to points.

There is soooooooo much more I could say about Germany...feel free to ask me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment